Sage has released both 2017 year-end program updates (Interim Release Disks - IRD) and 2018 tax table updates (TTU) that will enable you to print and file your 2017 tax forms along with processing your first payroll of 2018. Please note that these updates are only compatible with Sage 100 versions 2017 (5.40.1 or higher), 2016 (5.30.3), 2015 (5.20.5-last update for version 2015). You will want to read this year-end document in its entirety before proceeding with any of the updates. [See link below]
- You must install the 2017 IRD and process the eFiling and Reporting (Aatrix) update before processing year-end tax forms. It does not matter which update is installed first, just as long as both updates have been installed before processing year-end tax forms for tax filing year 2017.
- Verify that Payroll Data Entry and/or Accounts Payable data entry are not in progress before installing the 2017 IRD.
- Make a backup of the entire \SAGE100 directory on the server prior to installing the 2017 IRD.
- All users must exit out of Sage 100 before installing the IRD.
- If you have any third party modifications installed, please contact the developer to confirm the modification program is compatible with the 2017 IRD. Also, verify if the modification will need to be reinstalled after installing the 2017 IRD.
- For Payroll Users: After installing the 2017 IRD and printing 2017 W2s but BEFORE processing the first payroll in 2018, you will need to update your Payroll Tax Tables by installing the 2018 Q1 Tax Table Update (TTU), which is located on the Sage Support Portal.
- A user guide on how to process W2, ACA and 1099 forms can be downloaded from the Sage Support Portal (www.sage.NA.Support.com). In the search field type 53295 and click the search button.
- You can read the full document below.
Please contact me if you have any questions or if you would like us to perform the installation of your year-end updates. We wish you a happy and prosperous 2018.